**NOTE: The SMA Pigtail option is the new, updated version of this VTX, now with an MMCX connector and an MMCX to SMA 5.5cm pigtail included, to offer the most diverse array of antenna options possible. There are other, minor improvements to the PCB and graphics.**
The VTX[T] is not just another FPV video transmitter, it has been built to pack all the latest technology into a small and affordable package. This is aimed to be a viable alternative to the more expensive TBS unify, or immersionRC tramp video transmitters. This VTX supports a wide range of power input (7-24V), will output a constant 5V to your FPV camera, and is able to switch between 25, 200, 500, and 800mW of transmission power.
In addition to serving the function of a basic VTX, the Chaos FPV VTX[T] supports BetaFlight VTX telemetry allowing you to control settings on your VTX directly from your betaflight OSD. All you need to do is hook up the telemetry connection from the VTX to a spare UART port on your flight controller.
Pitmode functionality is supported which means that if you are flying at a race event, the VTX will power on with a low transmit power, allowing you to test and configure your drone without causing interference to other FPV pilots. Then before you go and race you press the button to enable the VTX to transmit at full power for your race. Of course, if you are flying alone you can disable pit mode entirely.
To use smart audio please flash your flight controller with the AKK&RDQ patch version of betaflight.
- Supports Pitmode
- Power switchable between 25mW, 200mW, 500mW and 800mW
- Can be controlled via BetaFlight OSD (to change channel/power/pitmode)
- 7-24V power input support (if outputting at 800mW, you need to supply this VTX with 12V power input)
- Built-in BEC to supply constant 5V to your FPV camera (0.3A max)
- Includes a built-in MIC
- Button to change power levels, or channel (if you don't want to use the betaflight OSD)
- Input Voltage: 7V to 24V
- Extra Features: Betaflight VTX telemetry, Pit Mode
- Power Output: 5V (0.3A) for FPV camera
- VTX Transmission Power: 25mW (100mA), 200mW (180mA), 500mW (250mA), 800mW (300mA, requires 12V power supply)
- Range: Up to 4Km with high gain antennas
- Antenna Connector: SMA Female
- Port Conntector: JST-GH 6 pin
- Dimentions: 26 x 19 x 8mm
- Weight: 6.8g without antenna
- 1x ChaosFPV VTX[T]
- 1x Cable pack
- This VTX does not include any antenna (we recommend either the Pagoda antenna (SMA) or the 4-Lobe Cloverleaf antenna).
It is your responsibility to ensure that the use of this product meets the requirements imposed by your government's rules and regulations for RF devices. Do not purchase this product if you are unsure of the government requirements or are not able to comply with them. Unmanned Tech cannot be held responsible for your actions if you purchase and/or use this product in violation of your government's regulations. By agreeing to our terms and conditions during the check-out process, you also agree to have read and to understand this notice.
Small but powerful with lots of options and plenty of channels. Solid video when combined with a decent antenna. Really recommend if you are looking for a good VTX that won't break the bank!!
Just tested this on the immersionrc rf power meter v2 and it puts out around 580mw /27dbi on the 800mw setting and 5mw on the 25mw setting everything else is good (powered by 12v)
This VTX performs brilliantly, I've had no faults with it. For the price especially, it's punching way above where you might expect it to - honestly I feel it's one of the best out there at the moment for FPV freestyle.
I don't know why you would buy anything else. Great range of frequencies and a great range in the field.
Good cheap vtx. Although mine arrived with a faulty display. But seems to work on all power settings