Depending on stock, the frame is either cut by TBS or Unmanned Tech
The SOURCE ONE is a wide-stance X configuration frame, popular for freestyle or free-range acrobatic flying. It is built to withstand harsh crashes and abuse. It fits and protects all the classic FPV components and is optimized for light weight. The SOURCE ONE is a perfect everyday workhorse for casual FPV flying and competitive freestyle.
ABOUT THE PROJECT
The SOURCE ONE project is a first of its kind collaborative FPV frame project initiated by Team BlackSheep (TBS). The frame is donated to the community to empower creators and makers, and integrate best practices and current trends faster into a continuously manufactured product. In return, it allows the local distribution network to have cheap and direct access to a good frame in order to allow them compete in an increasingly predatory marketplace.
The hope is for this frame to enable broad access to FPV thanks to a low price point, great documentation and wide availability of compatible parts and accessories, without violating other people’s intellectual property.
- Interactive Manual (work in progress)
- 3D Printed files on Thingiverse: https://www.thingiverse.com/tag:sourceone
- 1x Frame (Top, Bottom. Brace and 2x Camera plate, 4x Arms)
- 1x Screw & Standoff set
- Frame Weight: 117.5g
- Wheelbase: 220mm 5″, 300mm 7″
- Top Plate: 2mm
- Bottom Plate: 3mm
- Stack mounting: 30.5 x 30.5mm
- Camera: full size or micro (with 3D print cradle, coming soon)
The part recommendations are put together by our engineers and pilots. We strive for reliability and high quality in all of our selections, which may cost a bit extra but it allows you to enjoy the frame much more!
TheFPV Source Kit
Alternative Budget Build
- FC: Airbot F4 Fireworks V2
- ESC: 4x Chaos 30A BLheli_S ESC
- Motors: 4x DYS Samguk 2306 Motors (2500Kv)
- Camera: HS1177 FPV Camera
- VTx: ChaosVTX T
- Antenna: Pagoda 2
- Props: Avan Flow
- 1550mAh 4s 75C Lipo