Looking for a cheaper alternative to the 3DR Pixhawk 32bit Autpilot kit without loss of quality and reliability? Then check out the Unmanned Hawk; an alternative that has been manufactured by us at Unmanned Tech and is therefore covered by our excellent support service. We offer a 90 day warranty on this product as we are confident in its quality and durability and will therefore repair any manufacturer fault within this period.
Now, I bet you're asking yourself what the difference between the 3DR Pixhawk kit and the Unmanned Hawk kit are. If you see below, we provide a list of the components that come with the Unmanned Hawk kit and we assure all customers that the quality of the sensors and parts provided in the Unmanned Hawk kit equal, if not surpass, that of the parts and sensors of the original 3D Robotics kit. All Pixhawk firmware/software is open-source and so this is one of the ways we can ensure identical performance. We include a combined external LED and USB module in the Unmanned Hawk kit, which is additional add-on in the 3DR Pixhawk kit, but we do not include as standard a power module; this is an additional add-on with the Unmanned Hawk kit. The only true difference between the products? The location of manufacture.
Persuaded? Well if not, we still of course sell the 3DR Pixhawk Autopilot kit for your purchase but we at Unmanned Tech truly believe in this product and are confident that you will not be disappointed if you believe in it too.
Unmanned Hawk Kit Includes:
- Unmanned Hawk autopilot
- Safety arming switch button
- SD card and USB adapter
- Micro USB cable
- 10cm 3-wire servo cable
- Extra 6-position cable to connect a Ublox GPS and compass module
- Extra 4-position cable
And now for all the technical descriptions (that do not differ from the one you will find for the Pixhawk kit). Unmanned Hawk is an advanced autopilot system designed by the PX4 open-hardware project. It features advanced processor and sensor technology from ST Microelectronics® and a NuttX real-time operating system, delivering incredible performance, flexibility, and reliability for controlling any autonomous vehicle.
The benefits of the Unmanned Hawk system include integrated multi-threading, a Unix/Linux-like programming environment, completely new autopilot functions such as Lua scripting of missions and flight behaviour, and a custom PX4 driver layer ensuring tight timing across all processes. These advanced capabilities ensure that there are no limitations to your autonomous vehicle. The Unmanned Hawk autopilot code is based on the Ardupilot Mega board code, but has been ported to run on 32Bit platforms.
Note: Unmanned Hawk is a PPM-input autopilot, which means that it gets RC input from a single cable to the receiver, either via the PPM port, the Futaba S.BUS port, or the special satellite receiver port for Spektrum gear. Most modern RC receivers allow for PPM output, but some, such as non-S.BUS Futaba receivers, do not. If your receiver does not support PPM output, please add a PPM encoder board option to your order below. Other parts like the Ublox GPS module are also required and you need to add this option fi you do not have a Ublox GPS/Compass module.
Unmanned Hawk Features
- Advanced 32 bit ARM Cortex® M4 Processor running NuttX RTOS (68 MHz / 252 MIPS Cortex-M4F)
- 14 PWM/servo outputs (8 with failsafe and manual override, 6 auxiliary, high-power compatible)
- Abundant connectivity options for additional peripherals (UART, I2C, CAN)
- Integrated backup system for in-flight recovery and manual override with dedicated processor and stand-alone power supply
- Backup system integrates mixing, providing consistent autopilot and manual override mixing modes
- Redundant power supply inputs and automatic failover
- External safety button for easy motor activation
- Multicolour LED indicator
- High-power, multi-tone piezo audio indicator
- MicroSD card for long-time high-rate logging
Unmanned Hawk Specifications:
- 32 bit STM32F427 Cortex M4 core with FPU
- 168 MHz/256 KB RAM/2 MB Flash
- 32 bit STM32F103 failsafe co-processor
- ST Micro L3GD20H 16 bit gyroscope
- ST Micro LSM303D 14 bit accelerometer / magnetometer
- Invensense MPU 6000 3-axis accelerometer/gyroscope
- MEAS MS5611 barometer
- 5x UART (serial ports), one high-power capable, 2x with HW flow control
- 2x CAN
- Spektrum DSM / DSM2 / DSM-X® Satellite compatible input
- Futaba S.BUS® compatible input and output
- PPM sum signal
- RSSI (PWM or voltage) input
- 3.3 and 6.6V ADC inputs
- External microUSB port
- Ideal diode controller with automatic failover
- Servo rail high-power (7 V) and high-current ready
- All peripheral outputs over-current protected, all inputs ESD protected
Weight and Dimensions:
- Weight: 38g (1.31oz)
- Width: 50mm (1.96")
- Thickness: 15.5mm (.613")
- Length: 81.5mm (3.21")