The tinyhawk freestyle is a storm trooper inspired micro quadcopter, built to be the best outdoor 2S quadcopter. Not only does it look cool, it flies great. Designed to be super fun to fly, it is also strong enough to handle a few bashes, which also makes this an appealing option for a beginner looking to get their first proper FPV quad.
Overall, we believe you will love the beginner oriented Tinyhawk Freestyle with its flight time, durability, and controllable nature offering a great flight experience for beginner and experienced pilots alike. We at the office have been obsessed with it and some have even given up 5 inch drones all together!
From the Emax Engineers:
- We went with a white design that we in the office have called a storm trooper. White is to help the product resemble the Tinyhawk line of products despite being a durable carbon fiber frame. We avoided plastic as we needed the strongest frame we could make for beginners to bash with their first outdoor freestyle experience.
- The Tinyhawk Freestyle is what our engineers deem, the correct outdoor 2S quad. Unlike the Tinyhawk S which has a 2S option but is inefficient, has poor performance due to being a “whoop,” the Tinyhawk Freestyle sports larger props and motor that can maximize a 2S lipo giving the performance curve similar to a miniature 5 inch drone, something that is not possible in a small whoop class drone.
- Further pushing this as an outdoor tinyhawk, the guts are the same camera and all in one board used in the Tinyhawk S, making replacements parts easy to come by.
- The Tinyhawk Freestyle uses the AVAN Rush, our 2.5 inch propeller that was previously featured on the Babyhawk R Pro 2.5inch. Paired together with an 1103 brushless motor at 7000kv, the power system offer incredible performance at only 52 grams dry weight or 78 grams fully loaded. The AVAN Rush is also engineered to minimize noise, making this one of the stealthiest park flyers ever, allowing you to discretely fly in the park without anyone complaining or knowing you are there, a well known problem with the larger drones.
- The plug is designed to accept two 1S lipos. This decision was made as 450mah 2S was found to be the correct battery for the flight time goal, not sag as much as smaller packs, and provided the punch to make recovery easy for beginners. With the 450mah 1S lipos, in our testing we were able to get about 7 minutes of flight time cruising and about 4-4.5 minutes of hard freestyle. For the beginner crowd, they will love the ability to fly forever and explore their surroundings.
Size: 115mm Motor-To-Motor L 90mm x W 104mm x H 19mm
Dry Weight: 46g
All Up Weight: 79g with 2x 450mAh 1S batteries
Frame Material: 100% Carbon fiber with white printing
Weight: 1.3 g
Moment of Inertia: 1.24 g*cm^2
Stator: 11mm x 3mm (1103)
Shaft Diameter: 1.5mm
Propeller Mount: T-mount
All-In-One (AIO) Flight Controller:
Flight Controller: F4 (MATEKF411RX Firmware)
ESC: 4-in-1 5A BlHeli_S
Receiver: EMAX SPI Receiver (Compatible with FrSky D8 mode)
Battery Connector: JST-PH2 Duo
Camera and VTX:
VTX Power: 25mw
Camera Properties: 600TVL CMOS
Voltage: 1S 4.35v HV
Discharge rating: 80C/160C
- 1x Emax Tinyhawk Freestyle Quad
- 2x 1S 450mAh Lipo Battery
- 1x USB charger
- 2 sets (8 props) of Avan 2.5 inch props