This is the Pixhawk Mini Autopilot kit that encompasses everything we have grown to love in the Pixhawk Autopilot, but in a package a third of the size! Not only does it squash everything into a smaller package, but upgrades and improvements have also been made. For example, the sensors in the autopilot have been improved, resulting in a more stable, more reliable flight and navigation. On top of this, the sometime tricky to use DF13 connectors on the original Pixhawk have been replaced with the more intuitive micro JST connectors, making the Pixhawk Mini extremely user-friendly.
The Pixhawk Mini Autopilot kit also includes the tried and tested M8N GPS module as standard. This GPS module receives all of the GNSS constellations for much better coverage in more places.
The Pixhawk Mini is based on the PX4 open-hardware project and it is compatible and optimised for the PX4 flight stack.
- One-third smaller than the original Pixhawk but still packs all the same features.
- Improved sensors lead to more stable, more reliable flight and navigation.
- Included M8N GPS receives all of the GNSS constellations for better coverage in more places.
- The hard-to-use DF13 connectors of the original Pixhawk have been replaced by intuitive Micro JST.
Improvements over the original Pixhawk:
- Smaller, a third of the size.
- Rev 3 processor for long term software support.
- Improved sensors, both primary and secondary IMU MPU9250 and ICM20608 for more reliable flight.
- Included GPS module uBlox M8N GPS/GLONASS/BeiDou receiver for faster and stronger GPS lock.
- Micro JST rather than the hard-to-use DF13 connectors.
- Integrated piezo speaker and safety switch.
- Natively supports 4S batteries with the included PDB.
- Advanced 32 bit ARM Cortex® M4 Processor running NuttX RTOS
- 8 PWM/servo outputs
- Abundant connectivity options for additional peripherals (UART, I2C, CAN)
- Redundant power supply inputs and automatic failover
- Integrated safety switch and optional external safety button for easy motor activation
- Multicolor LED indicator
- Integrated multi-tone piezo audio indicator
- microSD card for long-time high-rate logging
- Based on the uBlox M8N
- Concurrent reception of up to 3 GNSS (GPS, Galileo, GLONASS, BeiDou)
- Industry leading –167 dBm navigation sensitivity
- Security and integrity protection
- Supports all satellite augmentation systems
- Advanced jamming and spoofing detection
- Product variants to meet performance and cost requirements
Pixhawk Mini Autopilot Kit Includes:
- Pixhawk Mini Autopilot
- GPS module
- Quad Power Distribution Board
- 8 Channel PWM Breakout board
- 4 pin i2c cable and breakout board
- RC-in cable for PPM/SBUS
- 6 to 6/4 ‘Y’ adapter for GPS and additional I2C devices
- 6 pin cable (2)
- 6 pin JST to DF13 for legacy telemetry radio
- External safety switch
- 8 channel PWM breakout cable
- Mounting foam
- When installing the 3DR telemetry radios, use the connectors that come with Pixhawk Mini, rather than those that come with the radios.
Weight and Dimensions:
- 38x43x12 mm
- 15.8 grams
- 37x37x12 mm
- 22.4 grams
For full specifications and pinouts, see the Quick Start Guide for the Pixhawk Mini Autopilot.