This is the new and updated Crazyflie 2.0. The Crazyflie is an open source nano quadcopter kit designed for flexible development and hacking. It's among the smallest in the world, weighing only 27g and measuring 9.2cm motor to motor. Its maximum recommended payload is 15g.
This new kit is designed as a solderless product, making assembly that much easier and quicker. Due to its unique size, this quadcopter is ideal for both indoor and outdoor use, making this one of the funniest drones on the market. This platform also has Bluetooth LE capabilities meaning that you can control the Crazyflie using your mobile devices. In order to do this, you must first purchase the 'Crazyradio 2.4Ghz nRF24LU1+ USB radio dongle with antenna (BC-CR-01-A)' or the 'Crazyradio PA - long range 2.4Ghz USB radio dongle with antenna'
As mentioned previously, a great feature of this quadcopter is the ability to use mobile device to control it via Bluetooth. However, to unlock the Crazyflie's true potential, you need to get it hooked up to a computer using the Python client. This is available for Windows, MAC OSX and Linux. In this mode, you can easily use all the expansion boards to modify flying parameters, as well as graphically log data and set parameters. When the Crazyflie is connected to a computer, you can also use any gamepad/ joystick that has 4 analogue axes to fly it.
New firmware is constantly being released for the Crazyflie, and therefore updates and new features are continually available to the user. As previously stated, the platform supports wireless updates via radio and Bluetooth LE and so accessing these continuous updates could not be easier.
The Crazyflie 2.0 features a 2x10 pin expansion port, where you can connect expansion boards. Either you could use one of the expansion boards, or you could design your own using the 'Crazyflie 2.0 - Prototyping expansion board' or the 'Crazyflie 2.0 - Breakout expansion board'. For more information on how the expansion board system works, have a look at the Crazyflie 2.0 buyers guide.
- Durable design
- Easy to assemble and no soldering required
- Supports expansion boards with automatic detection
- Supports flying from iOS and Android with Bluetooth LE support as well as from Windows/MacOSX/Linux with the Crazyradio or Crazyradio PA
- Tested to above 1 km radio range LOS with Crazyradio PA
- Wireless firmware update
- On-board charging via standard uUSB
- Dual-MCU architecture with dedicated radio/power management SoC for advanced applications
- Using Crazyradio or Crazyradio PA together with a computer, the user can log/graph/set variables in real-time via the radio and make full use of the expansion boards.
- Mechanical specs:
- Weight: 27g
- Size (WxHxD): 92x92x29mm (motor-to-motor and including motor mount feet)
- Radio specs:
- 20 dBm radio amplifier tested to > 1 km range LOS with Crazyradio PA
- Bluetooth Low Energy support with iOS and Android clients available (tested on iOS 7.1+ and Android 4.4+)
- Radio backwards compatible with original Crazyflie and Crazyradio
- STM32F405 main application MCU (Cortex-M4, 168MHz, 192kb SRAM, 1Mb flash)
- nRF51822 radio and power management MCU (Cortex-M0, 32Mhz, 16kb SRAM, 128kb flash)
- 8KB EEPROM
- micro USB connector
- On-board LiPo charger with 100mA, 500mA and 980mA modes available
- Full speed USB device interface
- Partial USB OTG capability (Usb OTG present but no 5V output)
- 3-axis gyro (MPU-9250)
- 3-axis accelerometer (MPU-9250)
- 3-axis magnetometer (MPU-9250)
- High precision pressure sensor (LPS25H)
- Flight performance:
- Flight time with stock battery: 7 minutes
- Charging time with stock battery: 40 minutes
- Max recommended payload weight: 15 g
- Expansion connector with:
- VCC (3.0V, max 100mA)
- VCOM (unregulated VBAT or VUSB, max 1A)
- VUSB (both for input and output)
- I2C (400kHz)
- 2 x UART
- 4 x GPIO/CS for SPI
- 1-wire bus for expansion identification
- 2 x GPIO connected to nRF51
- 1 x Crazyflie 2.0 control board with all components mounted
- 5 x CW propellers
- 5 x CCW propellers
- 5 x Motor mounts
- 1 x LiPo battery (240mAh)
- 5 x Coreless DC motors
- 2 x Short expansion connector pins (1x10, 2mm spacing, 8 mm long)
- 2 x Long expansion connector pins (1x10, 2mm spacing, 14 mm long)
- 1 x Battery holder expansion board
If you have any further question for technical support, please contact support(at)bitcraze.se.