This is a nano sized reciever for the ExpressLRS ELRS system. The EP1 and EP2 modules are based on the ESP8285 MCU that allows for upgrading via WiFi. Despite the small size the low latency and high refresh rate of the ELRS system allows these receiver to be used on full size/long range quads while also being small enough to be used on whoop size quads.
The EP1 RX includes a IPEX connector for a dipole antenna, while the EP2 RX includes a built in SMD antenna.
Please note, ELRS is a new open source project so please only order this if you are comfortable with regular firmware updates as the firmware is still in beta. We will only be able to offer limited support due to the early nature of the firmware, but we think this project has great potential.
- Type: ISM
- ESP8285 MCU
- SX1280IMLTRT RF Module
- SMD Ceramic antenna
- Frequency Range: 2400 MHz to 2500 MHz
- Maximum receive refresh rate: 500Hz
- Minimum receiver refresh rate: 25Hz
- Working voltage: 5v
- Weight: 0.44gram
- Dimension: 10mm*10mm*6mm
- Peak gain: 3.7dB
- Firmware Target: aec8ad82
- Firmware Update: WiFi
- 1x EP2 Receiver
How to Bind your ELRS EP1/EP2 RX Receiver
- Insert the ES24TX module or other DIY 2.4G ELRS TX to Radio transmitter, and choose External RF mode to CRSF protocol, then you can find ELRS menu from the Radio systems(Need to copy the ELRS.LUA file to the SD-Card tools first),
- Supply power to theEP1/EP2 rx, wait until the LED on the RX to turn off, immediately turn off the power, and then repeat again. When the RX is powered on for the third time, the LED light will start to double-flash, which means that the RX enters the binding mode
- Enter into ELRS Menu on your radio and press [Bind], the LED on the RX module will change to be solid if bound successfully.
Receiver LED status meanings
- LED solid means bind successful or Connection established;
- LED double-flash means in bind mode;
- LED flash slowly means no signal connection from the TX module;
- LED flash fast means in WIFI hotspot mode, you can connect the WIFI of the RX and upgrade firmware of the RX via visit 10.0.0.1 from the web browser(password: expresslrs)