The Vortex 250 Pro is a fully integrated quadcopter designed for FPV racing pilots. Using feedback from FPV pilots from the vortex 285, the Vortex 250 Pro has been designed from the ground up to satisfy the criteria of some of the top FPV drone pilots while still keeping the fully integrated package. So if you are looking for the ultimate FPV quadcopter designed by a company that lives and breathes FPV, the vortex 250 is the ideal choice.
Key features of the Vortex 250 Pro
- Made using 4mm carbon fibre arms to handle just about any crash
- Uses second generation cleanflight flight controller running a STM F3 class processor
- Integrated black box flight recorder
- Integrated 5.8Ghz video transmitter with RaceBand with dynamic power level control
- Pro-Tuner race ready flight configs included
- Includes a set of 8 RGB LEDs at the back of the quad for visibility
- Uses Gen2 32bit 20A ESC's with OneShot125
- Integrated OSD running EzOSD
A frame that will survive most crashes
The frame itself uses 4mm flat plate carbon fibre arms which are reinforced with plastic sleeves to ensure that they are not likely to break with most crashes. Knowing you are flying with a tough frame that will survive most crashes gives you extra confidence to try cut a corner tighter, or try fly just that bit quicker.
Second generation F3 flight controller
The vortex 250 uses the next generation in flight controllers based on the STM F3 processor which is about 2x more powerful than previous F1 processor. The processor runs a custom build of Cleanflight which supports future upgrades.
Integrated 700TVL CMOS camera with a RaceBand video transmitter
The front facing 700TVL flight camera ensures that you will be able to see all the objects in front of you as you are flying. The camera is also mounted onto an adjustable tilt mount so you can set it to the ideal angle for your FPV flying needs. Coupled to the camera is an ImmersionRC raceband video transmitter.
Who doesnt like LED’s?
At the back of the vortex is a set of 8 ultra bright LED’s controlled by a dedicated AMR processor. This lets you setup brake lights when throttle is low, or they can turn to white when throttle is max. If you are a cuurtius FPV pilot you can even set up turn indicator lights. Since this vortex 250 is so fast its something all the other FPV drone racers behind you will appreciate.
Vortex 250 Specifications
- Weight: 415g without battery or HD camera
- Power: 3S of 4S LiPo
- ESCs: Full custom, 20A cont, 22A peak, rotorSENSE, OneShot125
- Motors: custom V-spec 2204-2300kV, with 3mm axles, 5mm shafts
- Props: OEM Gemfan 5045 GF Blunt-Nose (bullnose)
- Flight Camera: FatShark 700TVL v2 CMOS
- HD Camera: GoPro Hero, Hero3/4 (not included)
- Receiver Compatibility: COOM, S-Bus, Spektrum, XBus, SumH, SumD (no adapters required)
- Flight Time - depends on battery and flying style
- 1 x Vortex Pro 250 Race Quad, fully assembled
- 2 x ImmersionRC battery straps (installed)
- 1 x SpiroNET 5.8GHz Antenna
- 1 x PPM Interface Cable
- 1 x Spektrum Interface Cable
- 1 x SBus Interface Cable
- 8 x OEM Gemfan 5045BN GFK Props
What else do I need to fly my vortex?
The only things you still need to add to your vortex in order to fly is a battery, we suggest the Tattu 1300mah or 1800mah Lipo that we sell. You can use either 3S, or 4S depending on how much power you want.
Lastly to receive the live FPV video feed, you will need some FPV goggles or monitor that support the raceband frequencies.