The HMF S550 is a high quality hexacopter, and this frame is the one for you if you wish to upgrade from the DJI F550. This frame adopts the S800 upward tilt arm design, lowering the centre of gravity and therefore creating more natural stability. This frame is mostly constructed from a tough plastic making it durable but also light weight. An in-built power distribution board is also a key feature of this product, meaning that you can simply solder the ESCs directly onto the central plate.
Why a hexacopter over a quad?
There are several advantages of a hexacopter frame over a quadcopter one, justifying the extra price tag. For example, there are of course more motors with a hexacopter meaning more power, meaning bigger batteries. This increase in batteries leads to an increase in flight time, which is also nice. Due to these extra motors, a hexacopter is also more stable than your quadcopter equivalent. If for any reason your quadcopter loses a motor, it goes down, With a hexacopter on the other hand, in the majority of cases you will be able to land safely with one or maybe even two motors down; an extra in-built guarantee on your beloved copter.
To cap this mini essay off, the hexacopter has all the good things that quadcopters have, plus more power and lifting capacity; pretty ideal really.
- Adopts S800 upward tilt arm design
- Plastic injection molding, ensures hardness and lighter weight ( 10g lighter per arm compare to DJI F550)
- Brushless gimbal compatible for FPV
- PCB type central plate, ESCs can be soldered directly to the central plate.
- Wheelbase: 528mm
- Weight: 550g(without gimbal)
- Gimbal hanging rail spacing: 55mm
- Gimbal hanging rail diameter: 10mm
- Gimbal class supported: Gopro 2/3 axis
- Motor mounting spacing: 16/16mm or 16/ 19mm
Suggested configuration(not included):
- Motor suggest: for a useful guide on how to choose the right motor, click here
- Suggested prop size: 10 inch
- Battery suggest: 3S-4S 2200mAh-5200mA