This is a Triple Feed Patch array antenna. Its innovative design combines LHCP and RHCP in one (with two different connectors or each polarisation on the back) and it has a wide 55 degree reception angle in both the horizontal and vertical aspects. The Triple Feed Patch antenna boasts a good radiation efficiency, a good axial ratio and they are cheap! Perfect!
To get the most out of a triple feed patch antenna you need to connect the 50 Ohm dummy load connector to the pin you are not using, this connector is included in this kit.
Please note the colour you receive will depend on stock, it will either be red or black.
- Good radiation efficiency. Most FR4-based patches have terrible efficiency because FR4 is very lossy at 5.8 GHz. Additionally, most array antennas have higher losses in the feed network. This design uses coupled patches to keep the feed network simple and reduce these losses.
- Exceptionally good axial ratio, not just directly perpendicular to the patch but also off-center.
- High gain, though not as high as the theoretical gain of an array with 7 elements. This is because maximizing the gain would result in high sidelobes and a poor axial ratio.
- Very low sidelobes, almost all energy is concentrated in the main lobe. This increases the width of the main lobe, at the expense of some gain.
- Reasonably cheap and easy to manufacture with high accuracy, even for a hobbyist.
- Center frequency: 5.8 GHz
- Bandwidth: 660 MHz (5.47 – 6.13 GHz)
- Matching: S11 < -30 dB, VSWR < 1.065 (at center frequency)
- Axial ratio: < 1.05(0.38db)
- Antenna gain: 14dBi
- Half power beam width: 30° (horizontal and vertical)
- Radiation efficiency: 75%
- 1 x Antenna
- 1 x SMA Extended Cable
- 1 x 50ohm terminator