Introducing the STRIX Hoot-R and Hoot-L 5.8 GHz antennas, with a money back guarantee*!
Years in the making, STRIX RC and TrueRC are proud to bring you the STRIX Hoot antenna. Starting with a classic circular polarized antenna design from the 1940’s called the Lindenblad, with modern design tools and innovative manufacturing techniques, we’re bringing this classic design to the 21st century as another option for the FPV community.
As with many products in this hobby, the inspiration for this antenna came from experimentation with an existing lower frequency design scaled to our current frequencies. Many hobbyists and innovators on FPVLAB tried variations and modeling of the Lindenblad design as far back as 2012. It wasn’t we at TrueRC where able to model some unique implementations using modern software that the Hoot antenna design was able to be developed. Using a unique combination of microstrip and ladder line transitions, excellent RF matching is achieved to allow more of the signal to be transferred between the antenna and the feed line. The dimensions, angles, materials, and locations of all the elements were then adjusted using the modeling software to yield the best results possible.
The case is made of lightweight but strong polycarbonate material, allowing for a robustly built antenna that can take the abuses of standard FPV use. The antenna design itself has been optimized to work in conjunction with the case material to prevent unnecessary RF losses due to changes in the material surrounding the antenna.
Key Features and Specifications
- Antenna Type: Lindenblad
- Connector: MMCX
- Feed Line: RG141, capable of bending and holding a position.
- Dimensions: 64x22x22mm (45mm stem)
- Weight: Only 9.5g
- Gain: 1.3dBic
- Axial Ratio: 0.85 – 0.90
- SWR: As low as 1.2:1, below 1.5:1 across the standard 5.8GHz FPV Bands, and below 2:1 from 5.0-6.0GHz
- Polarization: RHCP/LHCP
- Case Material: Filled Durable Polycarbonate
- Designed by: TrueRC
- Element and Feed Manufacturing: Canada
- Cable and Final Assembly: China
- Can be used for digital antennas like the Prosight
- 1 RHCP Hoot Antenna
- 1 STRIX Sticker
* If you’re not completely satisfied with the Strix’s performance, contact us within 7 days to ship the antenna back to us and have your money returned – Though we seriously doubt you’ll want to!