The GPS on Steroids You’ve Been Waiting For! 🌍🛰️
Have you ever been lost and thought, “Ah, if only my GPS had gone to the gym and bulked up!”? Well, our SparkFun GNSS Combo Breakout is like a GPS that’s been hitting the gym – hard. It’s the Arnold Schwarzenegger of the GPS world, ready to flex its high-precision muscles and guide you to your destination with centimetre-level accuracy. Perfect for electronics engineers and makers who are tired of approximations and want cold, hard facts (and coordinates).
🌟 Key Highlights
- Centimeter-Level Accuracy: No more “close enough”! Know your location down to the last centimetre.
- Multi-Constellation Support: GPS, GLONASS, Galileo, BeiDou – the whole celestial gang’s here.
- Dual Connectivity: Features both USB-C and Qwiic connectors for versatile interfacing options.
- Ready Out-of-the-Box: No need for separate RTK or NTRIP corrections. It’s like a popstar that doesn’t need autotune.
- Geeky Features: Fully configurable via u-blox u-center for the tinkerers out there.
Let’s face it. Your smartphone GPS is like that friend who’s always “almost there” but takes forever to show up. Our SparkFun GNSS Combo Breakout board is the pal who not only shows up on time but knows exactly where you are down to the last inch.
Please Note: PointPerfect L-Band correction service for the SparkFun GNSS Combo Breakout – ZED-F9P, NEO-D9S is currently only available in the USA’s 48 contiguous states and the European Union shown in the coverage map below. More information on PointPerfect can be found here.
A Power Combo for Unparalleled Precision 🎯
This isn’t just a GPS module; it’s a tag team of navigational prowess. It pairs the u-blox ZED-F9P multi-band high-precision GNSS module with the NEO-D9S L-band GNSS correction data receiver. That’s like combining Batman and Robin, but for geolocation. With this dynamic duo, you’ll get centimetre-level accuracy without needing any additional correction source. It’s a one-stop-shop for pinpoint precision!
- Universal Reception: It’s the United Nations of GPS modules, supporting GPS, GLONASS, Galileo, and BeiDou.
- Power-Efficiency: Consumes just 68mA – 130mA. So it’s a beast, but not a hungry one!
- Speedy Acquisition: First-time fix in just 25 seconds cold, and 2 seconds hot. Faster than your morning coffee ritual.
- L-Band Reception: Like the ZED-F9P’s wingman, it ensures even greater accuracy.
- Low Consumption: Average consumption of just 35mA. This thing sips power like fine wine.
Combo Breakout Features:
- Dual USB-C: One for each module, like having separate bathrooms for a married couple.
- I2C, UART1, UART2: More ports than a pirate’s favourite island.
- LED Indicators: Like the dashboard of a spaceship, but easier to understand.
Become a Navigational Ninja Today!
So, are you ready to ditch your flimsy smartphone GPS for something that packs a punch? Get your hands on the SparkFun GNSS Combo Breakout and take control of your coordinates like never before. It’s the ultimate tool for anyone who values precision over approximation. Click “Add to Cart” now, and let’s start this geolocation party!
Note: For those who want to connect multiple ZED-F9P modules, a Qwiic Mux Breakout is your ticket to multi-GNSS glory.
The SparkFun Qwiic Connect System simplifies your prototyping process, eliminating the risk of wrong connections. Plug, play, and proceed to greatness!
- Concurrent reception of GPS, GLONASS, Galileo and BeiDou
- Receives both L1C/A and L2C bands
- ZED-F9P Current Consumption: 68mA – 130mA (varies with constellations and tracking state)
- Time to First Fix: 25s (cold), 2s (hot)
- Max Navigation Rate:
- PVT (basic location over UBX binary protocol) – 25Hz
- RTK – 20Hz
- Raw – 25Hz
- Horizontal Position Accuracy:
- 2.5m without RTK
- 0.010m with RTK
- Operational Limits
- Max G: ≤4G
- Max Altitude: 50km (49.7 miles)
- Max Velocity: 500m/s (1118mph)
- 1.5mAh battery backup for RTC
- Default I2C address: 0x42
- Concurrent reception with L-Band Satellite
- Receives L-Band
- 1525 MHz to 1559 MHz
- Time to First Frame
- <10s @ 2400bps
- User Data Rates
- 600, 1200, 2400, 4800 baud
- Vehicle Dynamics
- Dynamics: +/- 2g acceleration for all data rates (600 bit/s, 1200 bit/s, 2400 bit/s, 4800 bit/s)
- Velocity: Up to and including 300 km/h
- Current Consumption (Acquisition & Tracking):
- Peak: 130mA
- Average: 35mA
- Default I2C address: 0x43
- Input Voltage: 5V or 3.3V but all logic is 3.3V
- 2x USB Type C Connector
- Separate connectors for the ZED-F9P and NEO-D9S
- 2x Qwiic Connectors
- Integrated SMA connector for use with a L1/L2/L-Band antenna of your choice
- On-board power divider (antenna mux)
- 3.3V power for an active antenna
- RTK (Off: No Carrier Solution; Flashing: Floating Solution; On: Fixed Solution)
- GEO: Geofence
- TP: Timing Pulse (Pulse Per Second)
- LEDs x 4
- UART2: TX2-RX2 RX2-TX2
- I2C Pull-Up Resistors
- USB Shield
- Board Dimensions
- 1.70″ x 2.50″ (43.2mm x 63.5mm)