This Runcam mini DVR allows you to record your FPV camera footage on-board your drone, free from any interference/breakup. This DVR is designed to fit onto a 20x20mm stack, and weighs in at only 3.5g. This FPV DVR is able to record 640 x 480 at 30fps for NTSC or 25fps for PAL and can support up to a 32GB micro SD card. It also supports audio in to record the roar of your motors (if you like that sort of thing).
- Tiny DVR (3.5g)
- Designed to fit onto 20x20mm Stacks
- Includes mounting hardware
- Records at 640 x 480 at 30fps for NTSC or 25fps for PAL
- Long press record button for 5 seconds to quickly format your micro SD card
- Supports up to 32GB micro SD card (sold separately) to allow for about 16 hours of footage!
The audio in also adds an extra benefit, as if you have used some other DVR units that do not record audio, there is sometimes just a horrible noise on the raw DVR footage. I have often given myself a fright when editing a video with the volume up, and you just hear a horrible screech/static coming over the speakers. But with this DVR, you do not need to worry about it.
This runcam DVR records the video in 5 minute chunks which is the limit of this tiny DVR unit. Because its small, the frame buffer can only hold so much footage before recording to the micro SD card. This 5 minute chunk is longer than most other DVR units this size, but does mean that sometimes you will loose a few frames between the chunks which is not ideal. However given that most micro quads only fly for up to 5 minutes, this should not be a big issue for most FPV pilots, and also the 1 or 2 dropped frames are hardly noticeable.
Please note that you need to press the stop recording button before unplugging your battery, otherwise the you may loose your last 5 minutes of footage.
- Power in: DC 3.3-5.5V
- Work Current: 250mA Max
- Power out: DC 5V @ Max 250mA
- Video in: CVBS@1Vp-p 75Ω
- Video out: CVBS@1Vp-p 75Ω
- Encoder: MJPEG@AVI
- Resolution: VGA(640 x 480) @ 30fps(NTSC)/25fps(PAL)
- Audio in: MIC
- Micro SD Card: Max 32G
- Dimension: 25 x 25mm @20 × 20 M2 holes
- Net Weight: 3.5g