Note This vehicle comes with no pre-installed software. A pre-imaged USB stick that contains a reference implementation of the PX4/Avoidance local planner software is provided by Auterion. This software provides only a very basic example of what you can do with the PX4 Vision Autonomy Kit. Developers can use the kit to try out other features provided by the PX4 Avoidance project, modify the existing code, or experiment with completely new computer vision-based functionality.
The PX4 Vision DevKit contains following components:
- Core Components:
- 1x Pixhawk 4 flight controller (with custom PX4 firmware)
- 1x PMW3901 optical flow sensor
- 1x TOF Infrared distance sensor (PSK‐CM8JL65‐CC5)
- 1x Structure Core depth camera
- 160 deg wide vision camera
- Stereo infrared cameras
- Onboard IMU
- Powerful NU3000 Multi-core depth Processor
- 1x UP Core computer (4GB memory & 64GB eMMC with Ubuntu and PX4 avoidance)
- Intel® Atom™ x5-z8350 (up to 1.92 GHz)
- Compatible OS: Microsoft Windows 10 full version, Linux (ubilinux, Ubuntu, Yocto), Android
- FTDI UART connected to flight controller
USB1: USB3.0 A port used for booting PX4 avoidance environment from a USB2.0 stick (connecting a USB3.0 peripheral may jam GPS).
USB2: USB2.0 port on a JST-GH connector. Can be used for second camera, LTE, etc. (or keyboard/mouse during development).
USB3: USB2.0 JST-GH port connected to depth camera
HDMI: HDMI out
- SD card slot
- WiFi 802.11 b/g/n @ 2.4 GHz (attached to external antenna #1). Allows computer to access home WiFi network for Internet access/updates.
- Mechanical Specification:
- Frame: Full 5mm 3k carbon fiber twill
- Motors: T-MOTOR F60 PROⅢ KV1750
- ESC: BEHEli-S 20A ESC
- Propellers: T6045
- GPS: Pixhawk4 GPS module
- Power module: Holybro PM07
- Wheelbase: 286mm
- Weight: 854 grams without battery or props
- Telemetry: ESP8266 connected to flight controller (attached to external antenna #2). Enables wireless connection to the ground station.
- A USB2.0 stick with pre-flashed software provided by Auterion that bundles:
- Ubuntu 18.04 LTS
- ROS Melodic
- Occipital Structure Core ROS driver
- PX4 Avoidance(opens new window)
- Assorted cables, 8x propellers, 2x battery straps (installed) and other accessories (these can be used to attach additional peripherals)
What Else Do You Need
The kit contains all the essential drone hardware except a battery and a radio control system, which must be purchased separately:
- 4S LiPo with XT60 female connector
- Less than 115mm long (to fit between power connector and GPS mast)
- Radio control system
- Any PX4-compatible RC System can be used.
- An FrSky Taranis transmitter with R-XSR receiver is one of the more popular setups.
- An H2.0 Hex Key (to unscrew the top plate so that an RC receiver can be connected)
In addition, users will need ground station hardware/software:
- Computer or tablet running QGroundContro (QGC)