The Ping1090 is the world’s smallest, lightest and most affordable full range, dual link ADS-B transceiver. At just 20 grams, it implements ‘Sense and Avoid’ for Drone operations in the national airspace. ADS-B-In on both 1090ES and 978UAT. ADS-B-Out on 1090MHz. No deviations from the Minimum Performance Standards of DO-260B Class A0 apart from minimum transmit power.
Ping1090 is the first and only approved ECD for use on sUAS in the UK. This product now also comes with the PingUSB so that you can verify that your Ping1090 Transceiver is operating as it should.
Learn more about CAP 1391 and Electronic Conspicuity Devices here: CAA CAP 1391 ECD
In short, an ECD broadcasts the host aircraft position to other aircraft operating the airspace. EC devices turn the traditional ‘see and avoid’ concept into ‘see, BE SEEN, and avoid’.
Note: The Ping1090 can be paired with the FYXnav-B for a plug-and-play ADS-B solution. FYXnav-B not included with this product, must be purchased separately.
- Detects commercial aircraft threats on 1090MHz and 978MHz within a 100 statute mile radius in real time
- Reports threats from commercial aircraft in a programmable spherical radius
- Transmits ADS-B DF-18 on 1090MHz.
- Meets MOPS DO-260B Class A0.
- Navigation Source (GPS and Baro) PingNav option
- SMA Antenna Connector
- GDL90 combined UAT and 1090ES traffic reports
US Patents Pending
Direct Integration with Pixhawk Autopilot
Direct Integration with DJI via DJI Software Development Kit
- Voltage/power: 6-29V/500mW Ave. 30W Peak (400µs)
- Size: 25x39x12mm
- Weight: 20 grams
- Operating Temperature: -40° to +80°C
- SDA: 2
- MTL 1090MHz Dynamic Range: -88dBm, -79 to 0dBm
- 20W (43dBm)