This is a tiny, low-cost ADS-B receiver to give your drone sense and avoid capabilities. Ping is the worlds smalled UAV compatible ADS-B receiver weighing in at just 1.5g. ADS-B (Automatic Dependent Surveillance-Broadcast) is a system currently used on manned aircraft to broadcast their position and it is used by sense and avoid system to avoid aircraft flying too close to one another. The Ping ADS-B receiver is integrated within the ardupilot codebase, giving your adrupilot powered drone (Plane or Copter) vehicle sense and avoid capabilities, essential for integrated your UAV into the national airspace.
PingRX measures just 3.2 x 1.5 x 0.3cm which makes it the worlds smalled ADS-B receiver. This tiny footprint makes it ideal for smaller based drones, increasing the level of safety with enhanced situational awareness with just about zero impact to the payload. Simply connect the PingRX to a spare telemetry port on your MAVlink autopilot. This device is capable of detecting ADS-B compliant aircraft within an estimated 50Km radius.
- Detects commercial aircraft threats on1090MHz and 978MHz within a 100 statute mile radius in real time
- At just 1.5 grams, it implements ‘Sense and Avoid’ for Drone operations in the national airspace
- Direct MAVLink integration with Pixhawk autopilot and APM Mission Planner
- Input Voltage/Power 4-6V / 150mW
- Size 30 x 15 x 3mm
- Weight 1.5 grams
- MTL 1090MHz -84 dBm
- Dynamic Range -81 to 0 dBm
- MTL 978MHz -93 dBm
- Dynamic Range -90 to -3 dBm
- Supported Interfaces MAVLink