These capacitors are rated at 50V which makes them ideal to use on high voltage builds (6S-8S) and are only a few mm larger.
You dont have to use Caps on your FPV quadcopter, but if you are suffering from excessive electrical noise then adding a capacitor will greatly improve things. If you are suffering from noisy video, hard to tune PID’s adding some capacitors should help clear things out. These panasonic low ESR capacitors are the best in the business when it comes to caps. We sell them in a variety of sizes depending on your needs. These capacitors are rated to 35V so can be used for just about any FPV quad-copter.
- 220uF, 330uF, and 470uF Caps
- These are mounted on your ESC power, or on PDB ESC power connections to reduce noise. For best results they should be mounted across your ESC power connectors as they are closest to the source of the noise (motors). In this case you should get one for Each ESC.
- 1000uF Caps
- If you only want to use a single cap, the larger 1000uF is used across your main battery connector. This is much easier than mounting 4x caps, but does not always work as well as using 4x smaller ones.
Why Ultra Low ESR Capacitors
Panasonic series of capacitors have among the lowest ESR (equivalent series resistance) values in the industry. Having a ultra low ESR value means that they can filter out noise better than other capacitors with higher ESR. Basically these capacitors do the best job at filtering out the noise from your ESC/Motors.
- 220uF – 10mm DIameter, 16mm Long, 5mm lead spacing
- 330uF – 10mm DIameter, 25mm Long, 5mm lead spacing
- 470uF – 12.5mm DIameter, 20mm Long, 5mm lead spacing
- 1000uF – 16mm DIameter, 25mm Long, 7.5mm lead spacing