This is the Pagoda antenna, designed by Maarten Baert. When designing these antenna, Maarten had a few key features that he wanted to make sure were present in his antenna. These were:
- Good omnidirectional radiation pattern.
- Good axial ratio.
- Reasonably small.
- Easy to manufacture within fine tolerances at low cost, even for a hobbyist.
And guess what? He succeeded! The Pagoda antenna offers every hobbyist all of the above at a very reasonable price. We offer four antenna types for the Pagoda to suit every need: RHCP (both SMA and RP-SMA) and LHCP (both SMA and RP-SMA).
For more detail, check out our guide on why the Pagoda-2 antenna is so good.
- Center frequency: 5.8 GHz
- Bandwidth: 500 MHz (5.55 – 6.05 GHz)
- Matching: S11 < -20 dB, VSWR < 1.22 (at center frequency)
- Axial ratio: < 1.3
- Radiation efficiency: 95%
- Polarisation: RHCP or LHCP
- Weight: 8.9g
- Size: 80mm x 22.5mm
- Connector: SMA or RP-SMA (crimp shield + heat shrink)
- Works great as both a transmitting and receiving antenna
- 1 x Pagoda-2 Antenna
Want to pay a pair of antenna and save some money? Check out our Pagoda-2 Antenna Pair listing.