Mr Steele has been flying Aliens since day one and now we finally have a kit that is modelled exactly on his ideal build. The core of the design that makes the Alien so successful has not changed, we’ve just added, tweaked and customised to his tastes.
You can expect to see chamfered edges, black 7075 aluminium hardware, pre-cut foam wedge as Steele’s preferred GoPro mount and other tweaks. Of course for it to be a full Mr Steele Edition Alien it needs to be bundled with the new KISS PDB!
The PDB is designed specifically for Flyduino’s KISS flight controller, and KISS 24A ESCs. By directly soldering the power and signals from your ESCs and simply connecting the two provided jumper cables, 90% of the work for an ultra-clean build is done. Your fully KISSed Aliens will look more amazing than ever.
We worked closely with Alexander Wolf, the creator of the KISS OSD firmware, to make some custom modifications to his project specifically for Mr Steele’s requirements. A simple and clean default layout, without sacrificing the power to tune your PIDs and filters or change your VTX settings*. Of course you still get the full features and power of KISS OSD, and can customize at will.
Dual cascading regulators, with auxiliary filters, provide silky smooth power to give you some of the cleanest video in the business. Fully 6S capable out of the box, you no longer need to worry about the voltage input range on your video transmitter when building that new monster power freestyle rig. Even “Lipo” powered video transmitters which have poor regulation, and give noise by default, are scrubbed clean when powered through the Mr Steele PDB.
Stepping things up a notch for audio in FPV, we added a quality electret microphone and paired it with an advanced amplifier supporting automatic gain control, giving adjustments to audio levels in real time! Power on your quad and put it on the ground, you can hear conversations, footsteps, even insects. Punch-out in to the sky and the amplifier detects the changed conditions and dynamically adjusts to minimise wind noise and jarring clipping distortion.
Motors/Camera/KISS Flight Controller are not included!
- (4x) Chamfered Alien 5″ Arms – 4mm CF
- (1x) Chamfered Alien 5″ Main plate – 2mm CF
- (1x) Chamfered Alien 5″ Top Slot Plate – 1.5mm CF
- (1x) Alien 5″/6″ Camera – 1.5mm CF
- (2x) Alien 5″ K-Mount – 1.5mm CF
- (1x) Foam wedge for HD Camera with adhesive backing
- (1x) Alien 5″ LiPo pad – 3mm BLACK
- (2x) Antenna Tubes
- (1x) Flat diamond file
- (1x) Round diamond file
- (150mm) Foam strip with adhesive Backing
- (1x) ImpulseRC medium LiPo battery strap!
PDB Kit Contents
- (1x) Mr Steele Alien PDB for KISS with built in OSD and Mic
- (1x) Alien CF Center Plate – 1.5mm
- (1x) Double side stick tape for PDB
- (1x) 10 Pin male serial cable to KISS male jumpers
- (1x) Genuine XT-60 with 14AWG Silicon wire
- (20mm) Open cell foam with adhesive backing (for Mic)
- (8x) M3 Press nuts – Stainless Steel
- (1x) M3x6 Cap – High Tensile Steel
- (1x) 1mm Spacer – Aluminium – Black
Screw Pack Contents
- (32x) M3x6mm Cap – 7075-T6 Aluminium – Black
- (4x) M3x12mm Cap – 7075-T6 Aluminium – Black
- (4x) M3 Lock Nut – 7075-T6 Aluminium – Black
- (8x) M3 35mm Standoff – Aluminium – Black
- (4x) M2x8mm Cap – Stainless Steel
- (2x) M2.5x5mm Cap – Stainless Steel
- (4x) M3x6mm Standoff – Nylon
- (2x) Right Angle Connector – Nylon
- (3x) 1.8x1mm O-ring
- (8x) M3x10 Cap – High Tensile Steel
*PID tuning and VTX control requires KISS FC v1.2 or higher