- 2x high-power TVS diodes and 1x 470uF low ESR capacitor on board
- TVS can absorb huge voltage surge at the moment of plugging battery to protect the connected components.
- Low ESR capacitor will reduce the voltage spikes and ripple caused by ESC.
- Maximum Operating Voltage: 28V (6S LiPo)
- Packing: 5x PCB w/TVS, 5x 470uF Rubycon ZLH series electrolytic capacitor.
What is a TVS Diode and How Does it Work?
- The Transient Voltage Suppression diode (TVS) is a component that is commonly used for transient protection. (Not to be confused with zener diode or schottky diode.) It consists of a p-n semiconductor junction that becomes conductive during a transient voltage spike. In normal circumstances, it appears as an open circuit despite a small leakage current.
- When the voltage on the transient voltage suppressor rises across its threshold voltage(Breakdown Voltage), the avalanche effect of the semiconductor causes the p-n junction to become a low-impedance path that channels away the excessive current. The response time of the TVS diode is extremely fast, often expressed in picoseconds.
- The placement of the TVS diode is also important. It is a good practice to place TVS diodes as close to the power source as possible.