This is a small and affordable way to add position hold functionality to your UAV without the need for GPS. It has a working range of up to 2m, and uses a VL53L0X Lidar rangefinder along with a PMW3901 optic flow module. It connects to your FC via UART and it currently supported only by INAV, but other firmware projects like betaflight will support this in the future.
- Brand Name: Matek System
- Item Name: Optical Flow Lidar Sensor 3901-L0X Module
- Optical Flow: PMW3901Lidar: VL53L0X
- Protocol: INAV MSP
- Working Range: 8cm~200cm
- Field of view: 42 degree(PMW3901), 27 degree(VL53L0X)
- Minimum Illumination >60Lux
- Input voltage: 4.5~5.5V
- Power Consumption: 40mA
- Size: 36x12mm
- Weight: 2g
- Be sure Optical Flow lens is more than 2cm way from anything for optic flow to initialise correctly while FC starting up.
- Maximum range of VL53L0X is 2m, Altitude hold 0~2m @ throttle 0~100% if VL53L0X is enabled.
- Any unused UART of FC supports it
- Sonar connection (Trig & Echo) has not been implemented yet
- 1x Optical Flow Lidar Sensor 3901-L0X Module