Please note, ELRS is a new open source project so please only order this if you are comfortable with regular firmware updates as the firmware is still in beta. We will only be able to offer limited support due to the early nature of the firmware, but we think this project has great potential.
- ESP8285, SX1280/1281
- Antenna connector: IPEX MHF 1
- 5x PWM outputs
- RF Frequency: 2.4GHz (2400~2480MHz)
- Telemetry power: 12dbm
- Receiver protocol: PWM or CRSF
- Input voltage: 4~9V DC @ “+” pad
- Power dissipation: 45mA(binding), 85mA(wifi mode)
- PCB size: 25mm x 13mm
- Weight: 2g w/ antenna
- Packing: 1x ELRS-R24-P, 1x IPEX MHF1 Antennas
- ExpressLRS MATEK_2400_RX_PWM, or DIY_900_RX_PWMP, PWM receiver via 1~5 PWM outputs
- ExpressLRS DIY_2400_RX_ESP8285_SX1280, CRSF Serial receiver via TX and RX
- Firmware update via UART or WIFI
“Any ELRS 2.4Ghz receivers can work with any ELRS 2.4Ghz TX Modules, from any manufacturer and even the DIY ones. This is as long as they have the same binding phrase and configuration options (Regulatory Domain, Performance Options and Extra Data).”
More details about ExpressLRS, pls check out the official ExpressLRS wiki
Wiring with FC
Receiver RX — FC UART_TX for Telemetry
Receiver TX — FC UART_RX for Control
Receiver 5V — FC 5V or 4v5
Receiver G — FC GND
Receiver protocol: Serial-based receiver – CRSF
Receivers have ExpressLRS fw V1.1.0 preloaded without BINDING_PHRASE
1. Power on and off your receiver three times
2. Make sure the LED is doing a quick double blink, which indicates the receiver is in bind mode
3. Use the [BIND] button on the Transmitter Lua script, which sends out a binding pulse
4. Receiver will switch to slow blink once it has received binding pulse.
5. Power off and power on receiver again. If the receiver LED switch to solid on from slow blink, it’s bound with your transmitter.
If the RX firmware has a bind phrase, the RX will never enter binding mode using the above procedure. It must be flashed without a binding phrase to do traditional binding.
Flashing with ESP_NodeMCU-PyFlasher
1. Connect receiver to USB-TTL module(RX-TX, TX-RX, 5V-5V, G-GND)
2. Connect USB to PC while pressing and holding the boot button in.
3. Open ESP_NodeMCU-PyFlasher
4. Select Serial port of USB-TTL module, load firmware, select “Dual Output(DOUT)” and “Yes.wipes all data“
5. Click “Flash NodeMCU“
6. After flashing, Power off and power on your receiver, receiver will enter binding mode(quick double blink).
Flashing with ELRS configurator
- MATEK_2400_RX target is not available in ELRS configurator 1.0.8 and fw release 1.1.0 for now
- 1 x ELRS-R24-D RC Receiver
- 2 x IPEX MHF1 Antennas