The Super-Beacon is a dual-use beacon – it can both receive and transmit ultrasonic pulses.
The Super-Beacon Beacon can be used in both the Non-Inverse Architecture (NIA) and the Inverse Architecture (IA): Architectures Comparision
Supports license-free 915MHz ISM band (US) and license-free SRD band 868MHz (EU). Support of the 433MHz ISM band (EU) comes with a larger order.
All Super-Beacons have 6D IMU (3D gyro + 3D accelerometer) onboard.
The Super-Beacon is an improved and in all-the-way superior version of Beacon HW v4.9:
- The Super-Beacon has a separate receiving part with a single wide-beam microphone and sharp DSP filters (like Mini-RX or Industrial-RX has). Thus, it is more sensitive, than Beacon HW v4.9, more resistant to external noise, and easier to setup, because you don’t have to care about turning on and off ultrasonic sensors in order to optimize coverage vs. sensitivity
- The Super-Beacon can receive any ultrasonic frequency from the bands: 19kHz, 25kHz, 31kHz, 37kHz, 45kHz. The filter can be simply selected in the Dashboard. At the same time, the ultrasonic frequency of Beacon HW v4.9 is HW-defined by ultrasonic sensors and can’t be changed
- The Super-Beacon can receive several ultrasonic frequencies at once. That is used in the Inverse Architecture. See the comparison
- The Super-Beacon has several-times improved battery lifetime in TX mode as compared with Beacon HW v4.9
- The Super-Beacon can work with regular Beacons HW v4.9 and Mini-RX and Industrial-RX in any combination as a part of a Starter Set or as a part of navigation systems. In all cases, beacons shall use the same radio band
The Super-Beacons will supersede the Beacon HW v4.9 and the latter will be discontinued after a while.