This is the open source Pagoda 2 antenna, designed by Maarten Baert, with a much longer coaxial semi-rigid cable to raise the pagoda above your head for significantly improved video reception.
When designing these antenna, Maarten had a few key features that he wanted to make sure were present. These were:
- Good omnidirectional radiation pattern.
- Good axial ratio.
- Reasonably small.
- Easy to manufacture within fine tolerances at low cost, even for a hobbyist.
And guess what? He succeeded! The Pagoda antenna offers every hobbyist all of the above at a very reasonable price.
This antenna offers top-of-the-line perceived video reception at a rock bottom price (compared with a TBS Triumph antenna on FuriousFPV True D X Module and Fatshark HDO goggles).
For more detail, check out our guide on why the Pagoda-2 antenna is so freaking good.
- Center frequency: 5.8 GHz
- Bandwidth: 500 MHz (5.55 – 6.05 GHz)
- Matching: S11 < -20 dB, VSWR < 1.22 (at center frequency)
- Axial ratio: < 1.3
- Radiation efficiency: 95%
- Polarisation: RHCP
- Size: 130mm COAX length
- Connector: 90 degree SMA
- Ideal for video receivers (goggle modules, built in receivers)
- 1 x Pagoda-2 SMA “Periscope”