Since the company behind this FC has closed, we are selling these boards as used products to clear stock. We will not offer any support beyond the product arriving faulty. The boards are all still brand new so should not have any issues, but given the price we are selling them at, we cannot offer any additional support.
If you have fallen in love with the butterflight firmware then this is the idea flight controller for you. The HelioRC Spring IMU-F is the official flight controller used by the butterflight developers. Not only will this flight controller work with the latest butterflight updates before anything else, you will also know it will be thoroughly tested since the spring IMU-F is designed specifically to take advantage of the butterflight firmware.
WARNING: Nerd Alert The novel feature with this flight controller is that it actually has two MCU’s. the secondary F3 MCU processes the IMU (gyro) readings at 32Khz, filters them, and converts the readings to Quaternion algebra (which has some advantages over traditional Euler algebra used by most other flight controllers). This Quaternion data is sent to the main F4 MCU at 16Khz. In short this not only gives the main F4 MCU better data, but also alleviates some of the workload to let developers add other cool features to run on the main F4 processor.
- Supported by multiple open source flight controller software including Betaflight’s 3.3+ most current technologies
- True 32khz processing without overclocking
- Never before seen IMU-f system an advanced inline discrete filtered gyro that is transparent to the flight controller
- With a super clean discrete filtered gyro, more processing power is available for flight controller logic and future feature updates without causing slowdown or issues during flight
- The hardware contains both an f3 and an f4. The gyro is the 20601.
- Processors: F4 & F3, STM32F405 & STM32F301
- IMU: ICM 20601
- OSD: Full Betaflight OSD support
- Motor Outputs: Full DSHOT and MULTISHOT support.
- Receiver Support: PPM, S.Bus (inverter built-in), DSM, HoTT, SRXL, CSRF, FPort ready. 5V or 3.3V supply for receiver.
- Telemetry Support: FrSKY Smart Port, FrSKY Sensor Hub, HoTT Telemetry, SRXL, CSRF, FPort ready. Built-in inverter for FrSKY telemetry.
- Serial Ports: 5 full serial ports (UARTs). UART1 and UART2 have inverters for S.Bus and SmartPort telemetry.
- Buzzer Port: Dedicated port for 5V (100mA max) buzzers.
- Analog Inputs: Voltage sensing up to 26V, current and RSSI inputs (3.3V max).
- Power: VBAT up to 6s with voltage regulator 2.5A continuous 3.2A burst. Or 5v in (switchable with jumper pads)
100% free of Jenova DNA
- 1x Helio Spring IMU-F Flight Controller
- 1x JST-SH 8 Pin Cable