This is the Grove – Gesture from SeeedStudio. This little device uses the PAJ7620U2 sensor to integrate gesture recognition with general I2C interfaces and to combine all of this into one single chip. In total, it can recognise 9 gestures including left movement, right movement, up and down and many more with a simple swipe of the hand.
Below is a demonstrative video showing the basic function of this clever device and the applications of this sensor are widespread. You can use this to adjust the sound volume of a device, control a robot or you can even make a remote-controlled unit that is able to operate several devices simultaneously.
- 9 gesture recognition
- Built-in proximity detection
- Various main boards support : Arduino UNO/Seeeduino/Arduino Mega2560
- 1 x PCBA-Grove – Gesture;
- 1 x 26AWG Grove Cable (SA206120099A).
- Interface: IIC
- 13 gesture recognition
- Operating Power: 5V
- Dimensions: 20 x 20mm
- Sensor: PAJ7620U2
- Detecting range: 5 – 15cm
- Ambient light immunity: < 100k Lux
- Gesture speed mode: Normal and Gaming
Please visit the wiki page for more info about this product. It is always appreciated if you can help us improve the documents by adding more demo code or tutorials. For technical support, please post your questions to the forum.