The outstanding features of this frame is that the centre of gravity is in the exact centre, both horizontally and vertically which will give unmatched flight response. This is perfect for freestyle flying, but also gives you some advantages in racing, giving you excellent turning. This effect is further simplified thanks to to the true X symmetrical design. Furthermore, the large wheelbase gives you a much larger spacing between the motors to improve efficiency (similar to how stretch frames work) as the airflow between the motors is less disturbed.
Despite this elegant design, the KX5 uses 3K carbon fibre plates mixed with 7075 aluminium CNC parts to provide up to 50% more stiffness than conventional frame designs. This gives you the confidence to try that new trick, or freestyle line knowing that your frame will not break that easily. Despite this incredible strength the frame itself still comes in at 120g. GEPRC have also added a few small touches to the frame, by using YFS screws that are rust resistant, and it has an RGB tail LED/Buzzer. Read on for the full list of novel features of this frame.
Bottom line, if you are looking for one of the best FPV freestyle frames, or a cheaper version to the “The Remix” FPV Freestyle Frame by ummagawd, then the KHX5 is the ideal option. (and before you ask, this is not a ripoff design.. it is just a different take on the same engineering idea of keeping the COG in the middle)
- The battery is located above the arm, which shall be in the form of a symmetrical distribution. The center is in the middle of the whole machine. When flying, the pilot can have good hand feeling. The motor output is more balanced and more high efficient; the design lowers the risk of damaging the battery when being collapsed.
- Camera and the video recorder use #7075aviation aluminum alloy, which is processed in a high accurate way (high accuracy CNC), making the whole machine good-looking and solid.
- The front part and rear part are supported by aluminum pieces, while the side board connects with the aluminum parts, making the structure solid and firm. Besides, such a structure can efficiently protect the electronic equipment inside the machine. The LED rear light board is fixed by a square aluminum post, where a buzzer for seeking the machine is available. Therefore, it is quite practical and good-looking.
- By True X structure, it is suitable for competition and freestyle fly.
- There are six 2812 rear lights and a bb sound. When flying, the lights are cool and the flight is easy to be found because of the buzzer.
- The motor rack has a stand-out design, which can protect the motor when there is a collision. There are spacing holes for motor wire, which will make the wiring easier and more convenient; the motor wires are tightly close to the arm bottom, which will not adversely affect the look but better protect the motor wires and ESC (electronic speed controller).
- The 2mm bottom board can well guarantee the flight control; also, it can protect the components from being damaged when collapsing and landing.
- YFS screws (strength: grade 12.9) can ensure a good hardness.
- One PDB distribution board with BEC (5/12v output) is available, integrating with XT60.
- Name：GEP-KHX5 Elegant
- Props Size: 5inch
- Arms board:4mm
- Base board:2mm
- Side board:1.0mm
- Flight Controller：F3 /F4/Naze32/ CC3D
- Motors： 2204/2205/2206/2305/2306
- Battery: 3S 1300mAh ~ 4S 1500mAh