This is the new RX8R 8/16Ch receiver from FrSky. This is the exact same receiver as the known and loved X8R with with the added feature of redundancy. This therefore means that there are 1-16Ch from the SBUS port, or you can combine two RX8R receivers to receive 1-16Ch from conventional channel outputs. But what’s this redundancy feature I hear you ask?
The Redundancy Function:
With this feature, you can have a master and a slave receiver. When the master receiver goes into failsafe mode, the output signal from the slave receiver will be used until the master receiver is once again functional. When both the master and slave receivers go into failsafe mode, the failsafe signal from the master receiver will override that of the slave receiver.
- Parallel two RX8R to become a 16 channel receiver
- Smart Port enabled, realizing two-way full duplex transmission
- Supports redundant transmission of two transmitters in parallel (Sbus input: the signal from the slave receiver (Sbus receiver) for backup)
- Band: 2.4GHz ACCST
- Channel: 16CH (1-8ch from conventional channel output, 1-16ch from SBUS port, or combine two RX8R to become a 16 channels receivers)
- Dimension: 46.25×26.6×14.2mm (L×W×H)
- Weight: 12.1g
- With RSSI Output on Board: Analog 0-3.3V
- Operating Voltage Range: 4.0-10V
- Operating Current: 100mA@5V
- Operating Range: Full range (>1.5km)
- Firmware Upgradeable
- Compatibility: FrSky radios/transmitter modules in D8/D16 mode
For more information, see the RX8R manual.