The BrainFPV Radix represents a step forward when it comes to betaflight flight controllers. The two main features are a robust Bosh Gyro, and a fancy modern OSD chip. Traditional betaflight OSD’s use a functional, but outdated OSD with limited features and update rates. The team at BrainFPV wanted something better so insead uss a graphical OSD chip that enables alot more features, and it just looks nicer.
The Bosh Gyro also mean that this FC performs great in the air. Other than that it has all the other features you expect and need from a betaflight FC.
Please make sure to read the quickstart guide before using this flight controller, as the firmware flashing is slightly different:
- Best setup manual ever made
- Improved form factor for easier soldering of PDB / 4-in-1 ESC underneath RADIX FC
- Plug-and-play stacking on RADIX PB or Hobbywing 4-in-1 ESC using soft cables for vibration isolation
- Graphical OSD – the only flight controller running BF with this feature
- Customizable OSD logos using the BrainFPV Logo Customizer
- STM32 F4 processor running at 180MHz
- Better sensors – Bosch BMI160 gyro, proven on RE1 (pilots are raving about it)
- Integrated barometer – so you always know how high you are
- MicroSD card slot for logging
- Integrated silicone grommets for vibration isolation
- Dedicated camera control pad for changing camera settings
- Dedicated RGB LED output for programmable LEDs
- Four full hardware serial ports (UARTs) – two of them have signal inverters that are automatically enabled or disabled, so they can be used with S.Bus or SmartPort
- 6 motor outputs with support for DSHOT (150/300/600/1200) and OneShot
- Supports Betaflight
- Engineered and tested in the USA
Technical Specifications RADIX FC
Processor: STM32F446RET6, Coretx-M4, 32bit, 180MHz, 128kB RAM, 512kB Flash.
IMU: Bosch Sensortec BMI160 running at 3.2kHz, connected using SPI.
Baro: Bosch Sensortec BMP280 connected using SPI.
OSD: Full-graphic, PAL/NTSC auto detect, adjustable black and white levels. Full Betaflight OSD support with extra graphical features. Support for side-by-side 3D when used with a 3D FPV camera.
Memory: MicroSD card slot for logging.
Motor Outputs: 6 outputs with full DSHOT (150/300/600/1200) and OneShot support.
Receiver Support: PPM, S.Bus (inverter built-in), DSM, HoTT, SRXL, CSRF, FPort ready. 5V or 3.3V supply for receiver. Receiver is powered from USB for easy and safe setup.
Telemetry Support: FrSKY Smart Port, FrSKY Sensor Hub, HoTT Telemetry, SRXL, CSRF, FPort ready. Built-in inverter for FrSKY telemetry.
Serial Ports: 4 full serial ports (UARTs). UART3 and UART6 have inverters for S.Bus and SmartPort telemetry. Inverters are automatically enabled/disabled for maximum flexibility.
RGB LEDs: Dedicated RGB LED output.
Camera Control: Dedicated output for accessing the camera menu to change camera settings.
IR Emitter: Dedicated output for infrared based lap timing with multi-protocol support (I-Lap, Trackmate). Needs external IR LED and driver.
Buzzer Port: Dedicated port for 5V (100mA max) buzzers.
Analog Inputs: Voltage sensing up to 35V, current and RSSI inputs (3.3V max).
Power: 4.5V to 5.5V, 120mA.
Dimensions: 37mm x 37mm, 30.5mm hole spacing. 4.1mm holes for anti-vibration grommets.