IMPORTANT NOTE: By modifying your GoPro or other device you accept the risks involved with doing so. Please test the unit upon arrival to ensure it is operating as intended, before connecting to any GoPro / device. We cannot be held responsible for any damage caused by modifying your GoPro/device in any way.
BETAFPV designed new BEC board for GoPro HERO8. This BEC board only weighs about 1.5g, which makes your naked GoPro super neat and light. This BEC Board has integrated 5V@2A BEC, stock GoPro buttons, and LED pluggable connectors and remote recording!
- BEC Board is specially designed for Naked GoPro HERO8 which weighs about 1.5g, makes your naked GoPro lighter and easy to install on your drone.
- The BEC output voltage is 5V@2A, avoid the accident of power of which is caused by the insufficient power supply for the FC board. Also, stock buttons and LEDs are integrated.
- Integrated GoPro stock buttons, Power/Mode Button and Record Button.
- Integrated GoPro stock LED to know the status of the camera.
- The pad is available for pilots to control the GoPro recording via the radio transmitter.
- With the pluggable connector, which is easier to connect with your flight controller for power supply and recording
- Item: BEC Board for Naked Camera
- Weight: 1.57g
- Output: 5V @ 2A
- Input voltage: 2-4S
- Connector: GH 1.25 3P connector
BEC Board Diagram
The two buttons on the BEC board have the same functions as the GoPro spare buttons. Three actions we will use frequently.
- Power on-Press the power/mode button, the LED flashes three times and goes out.
- Start recording-Press the “Record” button once and the LED flashes slowly. If the LED flashes once and goes off, it means there is no SD card.
- Stop recording-Press the “Record” button, the LED stops blinking slowly.
Under normal operation, plug the GH1.25 connector into the GoPro Lite camera firstly, then connect with the battery. The LED will flash once, then you should press the Power/Mode button once in a second to power on. The LED on the BEC board has the same status as the stock LED on the GoPro mainboard.
|Indication||Button Operation||LED Status|
|Power On||Press the Power/Mode button once||Flash 3 times and light off|
|Power Off||Press the Power/Mode button for 5 seconds||Flash 7 times and light off|
|Start Record||Press the record button once||Continuously slow flash|
|Stop Record||Press the record button once||Flash 3 times and light off|
|Mode Switch||Press the Power/Mode button once||Check the mode on LCD Display|
How to Setup Remote Record
The pilot could use the switch on the radio transmitter to start/stop the record. Some more configuration needed.
Usually you would map the LED pin to allow for record start/stop functionality using betaflight resource mapping
We use the Pinio function in Betaflight to control the record. First, setup the Pinio function of the LED pin in the FC board.
resource LED_STRIP 1 NONE
resource PINIO 1 A08
set pinio_box = 40,255,255,255
Next, map one of the switch channels in your radio transmitter to this Pinio (aka USER1). As shown below, we map the AUX4 channel in the radio transmitter to USER1 Pinio. The cursor in the orange zone means button released and the white zone means pressed. So keep the cursor in the orange zone in default.
Third, check if the Pinio function works. Change the switch and make the cursor move from the orange zone to the white zone, and finally back to the orange zone. Now you could check the LED status to know if the record starts. Use the same process to stop recording.
- 1 * BEC Board for GoPro HERO6/7
- 1 * GH1.25 Power Cable (90mm 30AWG)