What is new with V2
- Support both 1S and 2S battery now. Only 1S supported on V1.0.
- Use SPI ExpressLRS 2.4 receiver with Betaflight firmware.
- Modify the shape of the board to support 85mm whoop frame. Only toothpick frame supported on V1.0.
- Use the lighter and smaller SH connector instead of USB Type-C.
F4 1S 12A AIO Flight Controller – A 1S 12A FC for building lightweight 3″ toothpick drones like HX115 SE Toothpick Drone and HX115 LR Toothpick Drone. If you want to try a bigger FPV drone than 65mm/75mm on 1S power, and still want smooth and powerful flying actions, this FC that integrates 1S 12A ESC is definitely your best choice.
Note: The default flight controller firmware only supports ELRS V1.0. However, this flight controller can work with ELRS V2.0 by flashing the Betaflight V4.3.0 RC1-RC3 firmware. The target file name is BETAFPVF4SX1280.
- F4 1S 12A AIO Flight Controller is the best choice for building ultra-lightweight 3″ toothpick drones like HX115 SE FPV Quad.
- Supports 1S ans 2S input power
- Built-in current meter, 2 programmable RGB LEDs, and SPI Frsky receiver. At the same time, all the pads are left for the external receivers with UART1 and UART2, for buzzers, etc.
- Whoop mounting hole pattern, be compatible with most 1S 3″ frames. Large pads are reserved for solder motor cables, this design will make solder easier.
Specification of FC
- Item: F4 1S 12A AIO FC (Frsky)
- Weight: 4.74 g (without power cable and BT2.0 connector)
- CPU: STM32F411CEU6 (100MHZ )
- Six-Axis: MPU6000 (SPI connection)
- Firmware version: betaflight_4.2.0_STM32F411
- OSD: Built-in BetaFlight OSD (STM32 controls OSD chip over SPI in DMA mode)
- Receiver: Intergrated SPI Frsky Receiver / Futaba Receiver
- Motor Pin Connecter: 1.25mm Header Pins
- Mounting Hole Size: 29mm x 29mm (suitable for whoop pattern mounting hole)
- USB Port: Type-C
Specification of 1S 12A ESC
- Built-in ESC with 12A continuous and peak 25A current
- Input voltage: 1S Lipo
- ESC firmware: Z_H_30_REV16_7.HEX
- Signal support: D-shot150, D- shot300, D-shot600, Oneshot125, Multishot, PWM
This new BLHeli_S firmware (named Z_H_30_REV16_7.HEX) is supported by BLHeli Configurator, BLHeliSuite, and Bluejay Configurator.
Diagram for F4 1S 12A AIO FC
Below is the diagram for the SPI Frsky version board. UART1, UART2, and SBUS pads are left for external receivers like Frsky XM+, TBS Nano receiver so that a long receiver range is available.
Buzz pads (BUZZ+ and BUZZ-) are invalid directly. It needs some modification to make it works.
ELRS Version 2 Pinout
The current meter is integrated on the FC board. Here is the configuration in Betaflight Configurator.
12A 1S ESC
Should we really need a 12A ESC for 1S drones? If it is a 65mm or 75mm Whoop drone-like Meteor65, 5A ESC is enough for all actions. But how about with 3″ propellers and 1102/1202.5 motors? Still, want smooth and powerful flying actions? The 5A ESC has developed about 3 years ago and was designed for whoop drones with 0603/0802 motors. For the past year, the BETAFPV team has been cooperating with BLHeli author Steffen on the 12A 1S ESC for 3″ toothpick drones. Finally, it is here!
1 * F4 1S 12A AIO FC
4 * Anti-vibration rubber dampers
4 * M2 x 10mm screws
4 * M2 x 10mm screws
8 * M2 screw nut
1 * BETAFPV dipole T antenna (2.4G/46mm)
8 * PH-1.25 connector for motor (not soldered)