BETAFPV Nano receiver is based on the ExpressLRS project, an open-source RC link for RC applications. ExpressLRS aims to achieve the best possible link performance in both speeds, latency, and range. This makes ExpressLRS one of the fastest RC links available while still offering long-range performance.
Please note, ELRS is a new open source project so please only order this if you are comfortable with regular firmware updates as the firmware is still in beta. We will only be able to offer limited support due to the early nature of the firmware, but we think this project has great potential.
- Weight: 0.7g (receiver only)
- Size: 12mm*19mm
- Telemetry power: 20dbm
- Frequency bands (Nano receiver 2.4G version): 2.4GHz ISM
- Frequency bands (Nano receiver 915MHz/868MHz version): 915MHz FCC/868MHz EU
- Input voltage: 5V
- Antenna connector: IPEX MHF
Nano receiver 2.4G version diagram as shown below.
Nano receiver 868MHz/915MHz version diagram as shown below.
Configuration & Bind
ExpressLRS uses the Crossfire serial protocol (AKA CRSF protocol) to communicate between the receiver and the flight controller board. So make sure your flight controller board supports the CRSF serial protocol. Next, we use the flight controller with Betaflight firmware to show how to set up the CRSF protocol.
The connection between the ELRS Nano receiver and the FC board is shown below.
Enable the corresponding UART (e.g. UART3 below) as a Serial Rx on Betaflight Configurator “Ports” tab.
On the “Configuration” tab, select “Serial-based receiver” on the “Receiver” panel, and select “CRSF” as the protocol. Telemetry is optional here and will reduce your stick update rate due to those transmit slots being used for telemetry.
Nano receiver could enter binding status by power on/off three times.
- Plugin and unplug nano receiver three times;
- Make sure the LED is doing a quick double blink, which indicates the receiver is in bind mode;
- Make sure the RF TX module or radio transmitter enter binding status, which sends out a binding pulse;
- If the receiver has a solid light, it’s bound.
Note: Binding once and the receiver will store the binding information. Re-power and the connect successfully auto.
- 1 * BETAFPV ELRS Nano receiver
- 1 * BETAFPV T antenna
- 2 * Spare shrink tube
- 4 * 30awg silicon connection wires (1 black, 1 red, 1 white, 1 yellow)
- 1 * pin header 1×4
- 1 * Nano receiver user manual