This is an official 32bit basecam 3 axis brushless gimbal controller. This board comes ready to use with the firmware pre-loaded (can be upgraded via GUI). Apart from a more powerful 32bit processor, an additional imu is also included to improve precision and reduce drift. Features include an built in buzzer which will warn you when the battery voltage is low. This new version also includes reverse polarity and over-current protection. Another major performance enhancement of this version is due to the built in battery voltage monitor which dynamically adjusts the PID values to compensate for the change in voltages.
The SimpleBGC firmware allows you to have a high quality stabilization system that uses brushless direct drive motors, resulting in super smooth video. This gimbal controller board is able to drive 3 motors. If you are using this basecam32 controller for a handheld gimbal, you can connect a joystick module to control the angles of your camera, otherwise you can also connect it to your radio control gear for remote operation, ideal if you attach your gimbal to your multicopter.
- 32-bit ARM Cortex M4 processor for improved attitude estimation.
- Can be controlled via an optional analog joystick, or RC controls
- Built in push-button allows you to save and switch between operation modes
- Supports PWM, PPM, Spektrum and S-Bus RC protocols
- Built in battery voltage monitor to dynamically adjust PID values.
- Built in Low battery alarm
- Increased number of inputs for controlling signals + 3 additional reserved input/output AUX1-AUX3.
- Can supply up to 1A current for external devices on the 5V power line.
- Dedicated UART-socket to connect optional Bluetooth module
- Reverse-polarity protection, overheat and over-current protection
- USB interface for the PC connection, to configure, control and upgrade firmware.
- Graphical user interface to manage the settings. Windows / OS X / Linux versions.
- Control through the Serial-protocol using dedicated API.
- Optional second IMU, that will increase the short-term precision of the stabilization 10x-30x times and will make stable work in any frame position.
- Size of the board: 50×50 mm
- Distance between the mounting holes: 45 mm
- Diameter of the mounting holes: 3 mm
- Power supply voltage: 8–25 V (3s-5s LiPo)
- Maximum motor current: 1,5 A
- 5V output current to power external devices: up to 1 A
The frame IMU is included with this controller, but is not required for operation, it simply improves performance and reduces drift so if you cant fit it onto your gimbal you don’t need to use it.
How to configure the basecam 32 controller wirelessly via bluetooth?
To make configuration and setup much easier you can purchase an optional basecam bluetooth module which allows you to remotely configure and setup your brushless gimbal controller via bluetooth with the android app.
The alexmos brushless gimbal that we sell comes with the latest firmware installed however in older to get the configuration software GUI to work properly you will need to install the drivers for the board.