If you are looking for a good quality, robust and affordable FPV frame to knock about with, then the alien RR5 should be the one for you. Despite the low price, this frame uses 100% (and good quality) 3K carbon fibre parts. You also get some battery mats, and 3D printed accessories with this frame (something you do not often get with clone frames). This frame
Please note, the images show red aluminium screws, but this kit includes black steel screws as they are much stronger.
Item name: Alien RR5 FPV Racing Frame
Frame arm thickness: 4mm
Upper plate thickness: 1.5mm
Lower plate thickness: 2mm
Screws: Steel Screws
- Designed to fit any 16x19mm 3mm motor mount pattern (2306/2207 size motor recommended).
- Arm proportions are a simple Pythagorean triple – 3:4:5.
- Dry weight of kit without electronics: 110
- Arms protect motors in most crash situations from damage.
- Easy Lipo Access (suggested Lipo 1300mah 4s).
- Designed for board cams such as the HS-1177 with included mounting hardware.
- Support to carry HD camera (such as the GoPro 4, Mobius, or GoPro Session).
- 1 x Alien RR5 FPV Racing Frame
- Hardware accessory pack
Wait, is this an ImpulseRC Alien clone?
The short answer is basically yes. We have been in discussion with ImpulseRC, who have decided to no longer sell their products to us with little to no communication as to why. We tried to get more info, and then they stopped replying to us. So, due to demand, we’re almost forced into selling clone/”alternative” ImpulseRC frames. We have strong suspicions that for some reason, IRC have a deal with another UK dealer to cut us off as they don’t like that we sell frames below their price.In the future, we plan to release a blog post explaining this in more detail with some proof of our claims. In the mean time, you can satiate your coffin-frame thirst with these high quality alternatives!