This new and completely updated design comprises state-of-the-art automotive image sensors and advanced minimum-latency video processing features. It also includes a significant number of improvements over the previous Mk.1 model. The NerdCam3D Mk.2 addresses many suggestions and feature requests by the steadily growing community of 3D-FPV enthusiasts.
The scope of delivery includes the camera, a printed bilingual manual (English, German), a bag of replacement parts containing lens holder, lens lock-ring, special M1.8x6 screws for the mounting posts of the camera case and an optional plug for the DIP-switch aperture as well as two replacement pins for the micro switches.
The NerdCam3D MK.2, takes your stereoscopic FPV experience to the next level. For those of us who don't quite recall the meaning of stereoscopic, this intelligent devices uses two separate cameras to take images of the same object from slightly different angle and thereby create a 3D image (much like the human eyes). This is the next step-up in terms of FPV experience and the video signal created by NerdCam3D can be transmitted directly into the AV port of a pair of FPV goggles, or indeed through single-channel wireless video transmission gear.
The NerdCam3D is unique in the fact that it supports both field-sequential 3D and side-by-side 3D video in NTSC as well as in PAL. This excellent features means that this camera is compatible with a wide range of video goggles for those incredible FPV experiences. This isn't where the cool features end though, there is an in-built stereoscopic OSD that includes all the important information that you need while flying. For example, this includes the battery voltage, current consumption and flight time. The optional stereoscopic OSD requires an inexpensive PCF8591-based ADC board, connected at the camera‘s extension port and simple external circuitry for voltage and current sensing.
- Instant 3D-vision – no additional video processing hardware required.
- Wide-angle view by 2.2mm lenses.
- No perceptible video signal latency due to advanced FPGA-based video processing on the camera. Both video sensors deliver their data digitally into the camera's processing unit.
- Camera outputs industry-standard Side-by-Side or Field-Sequential 3D at your choice – compatible with state of the art and legacy 3D goggles.
- No second video Tx/Rx set necessary. The FPV setup you already have will suffice.
- Built-in 3D OSD for even more fun in the air (requires additional but inexpensive hardware, see instruction manual for details)
- Extensive bilingual (English & German) manual.
Notice: The camera is fully compatible with the Dominator V3 goggle. It is however not a 16:9 aspect ratio camera. Hence the 3D-image inside the Dominator V3 goggle will be stretched horizontally form 4:3 to 16:9 aspect ratio.
- Dimensions: 100 x 26 mm
- Weight: 32g
- Power Supply: +5V
- Power Consumption: 370mA
- Sensor: CMOS
- Sensor Resolution: 720 x 576 (VGA)
- Dynamic Range: 74.8db
- Video Standard: NTSC, PAL