This is the F405 betaflight flight controller from Matek systems. This flight controller uses the ICM-20602 gyro connected via SPI to product 32Khz gyro updates to detect quadcopter's motion for precision control. In addition this flight controller packs a betaflight OSD giving you the ability to view OSD information and also set flight controller parameters via the OSD menu. More importantly this flight controller is designed to be stack-able with the Matek FCHUB-6S to make for a reliable and truly 6S compatible flight stack. But the advantage of this is that in a serious crash, if something breaks you have the option of replacing a component such as the FC, or the PDB which is abit cheaper than replacing a all in one board. Furthermore this FC also has a SD card slot allowing you to log at much data as you want.
Bottom line, if you are looking for a capable FC to power your current hungry motors, the Matek F408 coupled with the 180A FCHUB-6S is the best option for you.
- F405 MCU with ICM20602 32Khz gyro
- F405 supports PID loops at 16Khz
- Betaflight OSD
- SD Card slot to log at your hearts content
- Stack-able with the 18A FCHUB-6S
- Built in inverter for SBUS input (UART2-RX)
- 6x DShot outputs without conflict
- VCP, UART1, UART2, UART3, UART4 & UART5
- w/ Anti-vibration Standoffs
- MCU: STM32F405RGT6
- IMU: ICM-20602(SPI)
- OSD: BetaFlight OSD w/ AT7456E chip
- Compass & Baro: no
- VCP: Yes
- Hardware UARTS: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
- Blackbox: Micro SD Card
- PPM/UART Shared: UART2-RX
- Battery Voltage Sensor: Yes 1:10
- Currsnt Sensor: No (FCHUB-6S option)
- Integrated Voltage Regulator: No (FCHUB-6S option)
- Brushed Motor Mosfets: No
- Buttons: BOOT button
- 6 PWM / DShot outputs
- WS2812 Led Strip : Yes
- Beeper : Yes
- The default setting for Dshot idle percentage was changed in the new BF version. Pls change the Motor idle throttle value back to 5~6.5, so as not to get the ESC desync.
- If you use the SD BlackBox and get some issues. Pls type “set sdcard_dma = off” in CLI, Type”Save”. It is an open issue https://github.com/betaflight/betaflight/issues/2631
- Enclosed rubber anti-vibration standoffs are necessary to avoid the vibration woes.
- If you use the 5V VTX(e.g. Unify Pro), Pls power the VTX from the 5V pad on FCHUB. The ribbon cable can’t bear heavy current. You can also use one pair of silicon wires to connect F405 5V & G pads with FCHUB.
- If Gyro 32kHz & PID loop 16kHz, Blackbox logging rate 1kHz Max.
- SD Card, FAT32 C10, 1~32G, But max.4G space can be used in Blackbox.
- Spektrum satellite BIND_PIN on RX4
How to Connect Smart Port Telemetry
Option 1 - Enable SoftSerial_TX on S5 or S6 pad
- Don’t need to break the RX cover. Use the inverted TLM signal on the socket.
- Type “resource motor 5 none” in CLI, ENTER,
- Type “resource serial_tx 11 A15” in CLI, ENTER
- Type “Save”, ENTER
- Connect the inverted telemetry signal to S5 pad
Option 2 Non-inversion hacks on receiver
- F405 MCU is not equipped with UART port inverters
- Need non-inversion hacks to get the Frsky SmartPort working.
- Connect one of F4 UART-TXs to the non-inverted telemetry signal pad(Yellow circle)