This is the FRsky 16 Channel X8R Receiver which features 16 channels (8 normal PWM outputs and all 16 channels on the dedicated Sbus output). Plus the exciting new Smart Port. The X8R is smaller than the previous 8 channel receivers, but now is about to output 16 channels (via S.Bus) and the new Smart Port that supports the new hubless digital sensors!
You can access all 16Ch outputs via the S.Bus port, but that means you will need to use a compatible flight controller or servo, If you need to use PWM signals for regular servos/flight controllers you can only access 8 channels. If you would like to use 16CH output you can always use two X8R receivers which will use Ch 1-8 on the first receiver, and Ch 9-16 on the seconds X8R receiver.
The new X8 protocol is also backward compatible! In D8 mode it work with the DHT, DJT, DFT and DHT-U transmitter modules. In this mode you only have access to 8 channels but you still get to use the new Smart Port and digital sensors! And even cooler is the new antenna design “PCB” it reports up to a 20% gain in range over their older antennas. And the X8R is Firmware Upgradeable!
- Dimension: 46.5mm x 27mm x 14.4mm (1.83" x 1.06" x .56")
- Weight: 16.8g (.59 oz)
- Operating Voltage Range: 4V-10.0V
- Operating Current: 100mA@5V
- Operating Range: >1.5km (Full Range)
- RSSI output: analog voltage output (0~3.3V)
- All 16 channels requires the FrSky Taranis, or the XJT module.
- For 8 channels in D8 Mode you can use the FrSky Taranis or XJT, DJT, DFT, DHT and DHT-U modules.