Pixhawk is an advanced autopilot system designed by the PX4 open-hardware project. It features advanced processor and sensor technology from ST Microelectronics® and a NuttX real-time operating system, delivering incredible performance, flexibility, and reliability for controlling any autonomous vehicle.
The benefits of the Pixhawk system include integrated multi-threading, a Unix/Linux-like programming environment, completely new autopilot functions such as Lua scripting of missions and flight behavior, and a custom PX4 driver layer ensuring tight timing across all processes.These advanced capabilities ensure that there are no limitations to your autonomous vehicle.
Pixhawk allows existing APM and PX4 operators to seamlessly transition to this system and lowers the barriers to entry for new users to participate in the exciting world of autonomous vehicles. The flagship Pixhawk module will be accompanied by new peripheral options, including a digital airspeed sensor, support for an external multi-color LED indicator and an external magnetometer. All peripherals are automatically detected and configured.
The Pixhawk autopilot code is based on the Ardupilot Mega board code, but has been ported to run on 32Bit platforms. Right now the pixhawk board runs the same arducopter and arduplane code as the APM2.6 autopilot boards. But due to the added computation power on the pixhawk board, there will eventualy be more advanced features on the pixhawk board compared to the APM autopilot.
Note: Pixhawk is a PPM-input autopilot, which means that it gets RC input from a single cable to the receiver, either via the PPM port, the Futaba S.BUS port, or the special satellite receiver port for Spektrum gear. Most modern RC receivers allow for PPM output, but some, such as non-S.BUS Futaba receivers, do not. If your receiver does not support PPM output, please add a PPM encoder board option to your order below. Other parts like the Ublox GPS module are also required and you need to add this option fi you dont have a Ublox GPS/Compass module.
Pixhawk module includes
- Pixhawk autopilot
- APM Power Module (XT60 connector)
- Safety switch button
- Power module with XT60 connectors and 6-position connector cable
- Extra 6-position cable to connect a Ublox GPS+Compass module
- Micro USB cable
- SD card and USB adapter
- Mounting foam
- Advanced 32 bit ARM Cortex® M4 Processor running NuttX RTOS (68 MHz / 252 MIPS Cortex-M4F)
- 14 PWM/servo outputs (8 with failsafe and manual override, 6 auxiliary, high-power compatible)
- Abundant connectivity options for additional peripherals (UART, I2C, CAN)
- Integrated backup system for in-flight recovery and manual override with dedicated processor and stand-alone power supply
- Backup system integrates mixing, providing consistent autopilot and manual override mixing modes
- Redundant power supply inputs and automatic failover
- External safety button for easy motor activation
- Multicolor LED indicator
- High-power, multi-tone piezo audio indicator
- microSD card for long-time high-rate logging
- 32 bit STM32F427 Cortex M4 core with FPU
- 168 MHz/256 KB RAM/2 MB Flash
- 32 bit STM32F103 failsafe co-processor
- ST Micro L3GD20H 16 bit gyroscope
- ST Micro LSM303D 14 bit accelerometer / magnetometer
- Invensense MPU 6000 3-axis accelerometer/gyroscope
- MEAS MS5611 barometer
- 5x UART (serial ports), one high-power capable, 2x with HW flow control
- 2x CAN
- Spektrum DSM / DSM2 / DSM-X® Satellite compatible input
- Futaba S.BUS® compatible input and output
- PPM sum signal
- RSSI (PWM or voltage) input
- 3.3 and 6.6V ADC inputs
- External microUSB port
- Ideal diode controller with automatic failover
- Servo rail high-power (7 V) and high-current ready
- All peripheral outputs over-current protected, all inputs ESD protected
Weight and Dimensions:
- Weight: 38g (1.31oz)
- Width: 50mm (1.96")
- Thickness: 15.5mm (.613")
- Length: 81.5mm (3.21")
If you have any questions or need help with something the best place to ask is at our community forums (dronetrest.com) Click the imabe below to go and ask your question, or help other people by answering questions. Its a great place to talk with like minded people too!